Wildlife and Nature
- Gorilla tracking in the Volcanoes National Park (Parc National des Volcans) part of the Virunga Volcanoes (Virunga National Park / Parc National des Virunga).
- Forest Walks in Nyungwe Forest National Park (Parc National de Nyungwe) to see up to 13 monkey species, including Angolan Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Patas monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, Baboons, Chimpanzees and up to 280 bird species.
- Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest.
- Game drives on the Savannas of Akagera National Park (Parc National de l’Akagera). Wildlife includes: Elephants, Lions, Buffaloes, Leopards, Giraffes, Zebras, Hyenas, Warthogs, Baboons, Hippos, Crocodiles and up to 550 bird species.
- Birdwatching with up to 800 bird species. It is possible for a birder to see up to 400 bird species in one trip.
- Visit the Golden Monkeys in the Volcanoes National Park.
- Relax on the idyllic islands of Lake Burera and Lake Kivu, with its tropical sandy beaches.
Things to See and to Do
- Climbing the Virunga Volcanoes in the Volcanoes National Park.
- Hiking / Trekking through the jungle of Nyungwe Forest, with it’s beautiful waterfalls and fantastic scenery.
- Visit Diane Fossey’s grave (Diane Fossey’s Tomb) next to the gorilla graveyard, Karisoke Research Centre.
- Visit Kigali, Rwanda’s attractive capitol, with the Genocide Memorial, museums and craftcenters.
- Visit the National Museum in Butare (Huye).
Meet the Local People
- Visit local tribes, enjoy a typical African church ceremony or spend an afternoon with a local family.
- Visit the pygmies and experience their unique culture.